Singles, couples, or families of any economic level or faith background serve as hosts or support households in the Christ Room network. Casa Alma provides training, ongoing support, and assistance inviting guests.
- Host households open a room in their homes to receive a guest for a defined length of time – whatever the host can joyfully offer. We recommend a minimum of 12 weeks.
- Guests may include: women recovering from domestic abuse, refugees whose formal support has ended, immigrants, young adults exiting foster care, and people recovering from illness or trauma.
- Support households assist hosts through regular calls and check-in times, and through occasional offers of meals or transportation.
Explore hosting or supporting a Christ Room:
- Set aside some time each week for focused prayer and reading on Christian hospitality; read: Believing in God with her Whole Household, and Reflections on our Christ Room. The most thorough and excellent book on Christian hospitality we know of is: Making Room: Recovering Hospitality as a Christian Tradition by Christine D. Pohl (Eerdmans, 1999).
- Talk to your friends, family members, spiritual director, pastor, or small group members about the idea of a Christ Room.
- Explore our model in depth. Click below or contact us to learn more.